Named after the city of Chichibu, Japan where the Graphite Design Japan factory headquarters is located, the Chichibu ultra-light weight premium wood shaft design is a light weight shaft under 45 grams. It is available in 4 flexes of R (Regular), SR (Stiff Regular), S (Stiff) and S+ (Stiff Plus) for precise shaft flex fitting in order to gain maximum distance.
The Graphite Design Chichibu series of wood shafts are designed for golfers with a driver swing speed range of 60 to 85 MPH. They have a soft tip profile and a Low Kick Point that will produce a High ball launch condition and Mid-ball spin rates providing added gains in distance versus normal stock shaft offerings. Individually hand-crafted to very tight tolerances, the Chichibu shafts use premium, ultra-thin aerospace quality carbon-fiber materials to obtain a light weight characteristic, as well as to provide the golfer with a shaft that possesses superior response and feedback at impact.
The Chichibu series of shafts are a fine example of an extremely high quality and superior performing golf shaft, made in Japan and that follow in line with the 30 years of heritage that all of the premium Graphite Design shafts are so well known for.
Features & Technology:
- Premium, ultra-thin, aerospace quality carbon fiber materials.
- Graphite Design proprietary Material Stiffness Integration (MSI) design philosophy and technology.
|BUTT Section||MID Section||TIP Section|
- Designed to promote High Launch angles with Mid ball spin rates.
- MSRP $750
Fitting: (Based on Driver Swing Speed)
|Less than 70 MPH||71-75 MPH||76-81 MPH||81-85 MPH|
Tip Trimming for Std Bore:
|Driver||3 Wood||5 Wood||9 Wood|
- Pro’s Choice encourages consulting a PGA Professional or qualified club builder to help you determine the correct shaft and length for your swing profile and to meet your goals.
- Always leave a minimum of 0.5″ of the parallel tip section of the shaft above the hosel to maintain shaft durability and prevent shaft failure/breakage. For example, if the head has a hosel bore depth of 1.5″ and the shaft has a parallel tip length of 3.0″, the tip trim length should not exceed 1.0
- Improper installation may affect the intended performance of the shaft. Warranty is for material and workmanship of our products. Improper installation voids warranty of product.
|Shaft Type||Part Number||Flex||Length||Wt.||Tip OD||Tip Para.||Butt OD||Torque||Kick pt||Launch||Spin|
|Chichibu R Flex||CHI-R||Regular||47″||41g||.335″||2.36″||.598″||7.4||LOW||HIGH||MID|
|Chichibu SR Flex||CHI-SR||Stiff Regular||47″||41g||.335″||2.36″||.600″||7.3||LOW||HIGH||MID|
|Chichibu S Flex||CHI-S||Stiff||47″||43g||.335″||2.36″||.602″||7.2||LOW||HIGH||MID|
|Chichibu S+ Flex||CHI-S+||Stiff Plus||47″||45g||.335″||2.36″||.604″||7.2||LOW||HIGH||MID|